|Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup with Toasted Almond Cream and Basil|
I love making this its so easy, because you don't have to faff around peeling stuff, which is something that really puts me off some recipes. I know, its just my personal little annoyance, made all the worse for the fact that someone (probably me) has lost my little peeling and paring knife that I love, forcing me to use others, which I don't love. Anyhoooo, this is what you need:
- 3 or 4 ripe red peppers
- 6 large or 12 vine tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- handful of flaked almonds
- 1 dessert spoon of single cream
- teaspoon butter
- put the oven on to 200 c
- halve and deseed the peppers, then flatten them out and put them in a roasting tray
- put the tomatoes straight in next to them, just as they are, no faffing!
- skin and halve the onion, put it in the roasting tray with the other ingredients
- free the garlic cloves from their bulb, and chuck em in - no need to take the paper off!
- add the sun dried toms if you're using them
- glug the oil in, over everything, and put in the oven for 40 minutes
- when its all nicely roasted, take it out the oven and let it cool a bit.
- at this stage, I squeeze the soft garlic out of its skin, and discard the skin.
- pour the whole lot into a big saucepan, add the stock cube and enough hot water to cover it all
- bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes
- When its cooled off, whiz it up with a hand held blender
- pass through a sieve
Sent from my Windows Phone